Do red beans and black beans make a good dinner menu? Absolutely! Black beans can serve as a main dish or side dish while red beans can serve as a great sweet dessert. In the past, we used to soak black beans and red beans overnight and cooked them for hours to soften up. This process takes forever. Thank goodness though there’s Libby’s to offer us ready to eat black beans and red beans out of the can, for a few minutes of cooking, presto, a delicious and nutritious meal.
I learned years ago that black beans and red beans are rich in protein and a good way to increase muscle mass. With good exercise and a steady diet of these beans, bulking up biceps, pectorals and triceps are easy.
The Libby’s black beans make
great tasting viands for
The Libby’s black beans product description
Libby’s Black Beans are certified organic. Coming out of 15 ounce cans, these black beans are already cooked and ready to eat. Libby’s black beans are not only delicious but are also nutritious and free from harmful pesticides and unnatural substances. Ready to eat out of the can, Libby’s black beans is also versatile as you can use it as a side dish or cook it with casserole recipes, soups and salads.
Libby’s Red beans are
convenient ingredients for
all types of dishes
Libby’s red beans description
Gone are the days of soaking and cooking red beans for hours. Libby’s red beans are canned goods that offer you soft and already cooked beans to add into dishes. These red beans are 100% organic so you are assured they are free from pesticides and other chemicals. Red beans contain a good amount of protein needed to repair and build tissues and muscles.
Libby’s Organic Black Beans Nutrient Facts
Servings 1 ½ cup
Calories 100 Sodium 440 mg
Total Fat 0 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 19 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 4 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 8%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Libby’s black beans make a good meal, try this hot black beans recipe from Mexico, it looks pretty simple but the taste is really really good.
Mexican black beans
2 – 15-ounce cans Libby’s black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large jalapeño chili pepper, seeds removed and chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup low-salt chicken broth
Fresh lime juice
Directions of cooking:
1. In medium heat, sauté the garlic, chili and cumin for 30 seconds, a large and heavy saucepan will be ideal for this.
2. Add Libby’s black beans and broth, cooking for 5 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
3. Coarsely mash the black beans with potato a masher. Continue boiling until thick with continuous stirring, this usually takes about 10 minutes. Season the black beans with lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowl and serve.
This delicious black beans recipe is great with rice or as a side dish to any meal.
Filipino black beans recipe
This black beans recipe has been around for many years now. Ilocanos and Cebuanos have been serving this dish to guests of all culture and I hear a lot of good things about it.
1/2 kilo ground beef
¼ kilo lean pork, cut in cubes
1/2 onion, cut
4 cans of Libby’s black beans (red beans, pinto, kidney, lima, etc, can do too)
1/2 c ketchup
1 tbsp mustard
3 tbsp vinegar
Directions for cooking:
1. Cook pork cubes by frying for a few minutes, drain of excess cooking oil if there’s too much. Add onion and ground beef, then fry for some more minutes until beef is half cooked.
2. Add Libby’s black beans and other ingredients. Put everything in a baking pan and put in oven, bake for 40 minutes at 350. Makes 15 side servings (1/2 cup) or 7-8 main dish servings.
Filipino black beans recipe Nutritional Info
Servings per Recipe: 15
Amount per Serving
Total Fat: 4.6 g
Cholesterol: 14.3 mg
Sodium: 295.8 mg
Total Carbs: 19.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g
Protein: 7.4 g
Are you up for a delicious red beans recipe from New Orleans? This is a great menu for dinner or lunch. Red beans and rice is an old recipe that’s always a goldie.
Louisiana Red Beans and Rice
2 cans Libby’s red beans
1 pound sausage, sliced
2 cups long grain white rice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 cups water
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
4 cups water
Directions for cooking:
1. Cook rice in a rice cooker and when cooked, set aside.
2. Open Libby’s red beans cans and drain of excess liquid.
3. Using a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Take the red beans and pour into a large pot with 3 cups of water. Stir in the sautéed vegetables and season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, thyme, sage, parsley, and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low.
5. Mix in sausage into beans, and continue cooking for 30 minutes. Serve red beans over steamed white rice.
Libby’s black beans and red
beans make cooking so much
Libby’s black beans and red beans review
I wish I’d known about Libby’s black beans and red beans a year before because during visits to my grandmother’s house, we usually have red beans and I remember her doing so many things the day before we’re supposed to have it. She soaks them for 24 hours and cooking takes so long. I bet she will be happy to have the Libby’s black beans and red beans today. This product offers food lovers with natural tasting beans and the great thing about it is that they’re already cooked. Libby’s black beans and red beans are fresh to the taste plus they blend well with other ingredients.
Libby’s canned beans are the best product of its kind. They receive lots of praise from cooks, moms and millions of food lovers worldwide. I myself give the Libby’s black beans and red beans a perfect 5 star for freshness, good taste and nutrition.
Order your Libby’s black beans and red beans here for convenience in shopping. Libby’s black beans and red beans are the easiest way of creating hot Mexican black beans and Creole dishes.