Knorr carbonara sauce is the most convenient and easiest way of creating sauce for delicious spaghetti. Pasta alla carbonara is an easy to make Italian pasta dish based on eggs, cheese, bacon and black pepper. Though it may look and sound simple to create, to the taste, it is a most elaborate collaboration of delicious flavors. Its creamy and meaty flavor is just so appealing. Created sometime in the mid 20th century, pasta and carbonara sauce became an instant favorite among people. It is suited for any occasion and a wonderful meal any time, any day.
I do not why it is but for a very long time, I haven’t really tasted pasta alla carbonara. It was only after I finished college did I realize I’ve missed out on such a terrific kind of food. I tasted pasta alla carbonara for the first time during my cousin’s wedding and I was amazed by its creamy and delicious taste. My aunts told me they used Knorr carbonara sauce mix instead of the original recipe but I never knew the difference. For me it was the most delicious pasta recipe that time.
I love the Knorr carbonara sauce, it’s so easy to prepare and the taste is just far better than other instant carbonara sauce mixes. Within minutes of cooking, the Knorr Carbonara Sauce is ready to be poured on pasta. Traditionally, Italians had to prepare raw eggs, butter, and different kinds of oils and fat to achieve a great tasting carbonara sauce. Preparation had to be precise or else the eggs would coagulate or overcook turning to scrambled eggs like in appearance, also, oils and fat had to be measured so as not to be greasy.
Great tasting pasta can be
achieved with the Knorr
Knorr Carbonara Sauce description
Packed in a Knorr sachet is a magic recipe for carbonara sauce. Combining Knorr powdered mix with milk will be the easiest way of creating carbonara sauce for your spaghetti. Once prepared, Knorr carbonara sauce is tasty and thick. Just add some bacon bits and presto, a nice and tasty meal.
Knorr Carbonara Sauce is a rich and creamy bacon and parmesan cheese paste. It can be poured over spaghetti, angel hair pasta or penne. This carbonara sauce is white and creamy in appearance. It spreads so fluidly over pasta therefore distributing flavor evenly.
How to cook the Knorr Carbonara Sauce over the stove:
- Using a saucepan, combine Knorr carbonara sauce mix, 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) of milk and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter or margarine.
- Have the mixture to boil over medium-high heat while whisking constantly. Decrease the heat to medium-low once boiling and simmer for 4 minutes more. Whisking often. This mixture makes 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) of carbonara sauce. Mix in bits of bacon.
- Serve over a proportion of 1/2 lb (250 g) cooked pasta. It makes 3 main dish servings or possibly 6 side dish servings.
How to prepare the Knorr Carbonara Sauce over the microwave:
- In a 4 cup or 1 Liter microwaveable bowl, whip Knorr Carbonara Sauce mix with 1 & 1/2 cups (375 ml) of milk carefully. After this, add 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of butter or margarine ( butter is more flavorful in my opinion).
- Microwave the mixture uncovered on high for 4 minutes. Along this time, whisk it 3 times.
- After 4 minutes, microwave the carbonara sauce on medium (50%) for 3 minutes until thickened, whisk twice.
Knorr carbonara sauce ingredients:
Maltodextrin, corn starch, wheat flour, whey protein concentrate, dehydrated bacon bits, dehydrated parmesan cheese, modified milk ingredients, hydrolyzed corn protein, flavour, salt, hydrogenated soybean oil, canola oil, dehydrated vegetables (chives, onion, garlic), modified corn starch, spice, sodium phosphate, mono & diglycerides, corn syrup solids, hydrolyzed soy/corn/wheat gluten protein, smoked pork fat, disodium inosinate and sulphites.
Knorr carbonara sauce Nutrient facts
Serving 1 8 grams
Calories 80 Sodium 300 mg
Total Fat 1 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 5 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 1 g
Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 2%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I’d choose the Knorr Carbonara Sauce for my pasta every time
Knorr Carbonara Sauce product review
As a food lover, I praise the Knorr Carbonara Sauce for its beautiful and delicious effect on spaghetti. I’d choose this carbonara sauce all the time.
I have to say, this brand of carbonara sauce is the best. I had an easy time making sauce the first time I made spaghetti carbonara. That was a year ago and I still use Knorr up until today. Thicker and creamier than most instant mixes, the Knorr Carbonara Sauce will make your pasta come to life. With this brand, you will be proud to serve your creations over dinner, dates and special occasions.
Home made spaghetti carbonara
You do not need to be a good cook to create a great tasting spaghetti carbonara. All you need is creativity, the ability to follow directions and of course the Knorr Carbonara sauce mix. I tried this on my own the first time I made spaghetti carbonara, I ate alone with a glass of white wine and would you believe I finished all servings?
- 250 grams spaghetti
- 1 Knorr carbonara sauce mix
- ½ lb bacon, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup freshly grated cheese (parmesan is really good)
Directions for cooking:
1. Fill a large pot with water and add a handful of salt. Stir and cover the pot. Let boil.
2. In a separate pan, add the diced bacon and cook slowly over low heat for 10 minutes until crisp. After removing bacon from pan, drain on paper towels.
3. When water is boiling, put the spaghetti in and cook according to package instructions, usually about 6 to 9 minutes or until “al dente” (tender but still firm to the bite).
4. While waiting, combine Knorr carbonara sauce mix, 1 1/2 cups of milk and 1 tablespoon butter. Have the mixture to boil over medium-high heat while whisking constantly. Decrease the heat to medium-low once boiling and simmer for 4 minutes more. Whisking often. Mix in bits of bacon.
5. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water, pour carbonara sauce over pasta then add the cooked bacon and chopped parsley. Serve right away, with additional grated cheese if desired.
Order your Knorr Carbonara Sauce here for convenience and ease of shopping. Knorr is sometimes rare if not bought quickly in stores so might as well order online. Knorr Carbonara Sauce is rich in flavor and consistency, it is definitely one of the best.